Do you have a dress in your closet that you’ve had for years and want to get more wear out of? For me, it was this short dress. But you can give a new life to most of the dress silhouettes in your closet by adding various pieces on top. Think of your dresses like they’re skirts! Here are a couple of tips I use with my clients when bringing new life to their dresses:
- Pair it with a sweatshirt and push up the sleeves.
- Add a short sleeve sweater or top over the dress, even if your dress has long sleeves.
- If your sweater is too long, add a belt around your waist and sloppy tuck the sweater in the front.
- Add any of the crop tops you have in your closet on top.
- Add a sweatshirt and a jean jacket on top. More is more!
Do you have any dresses you can bring new life to in your closet?! Try one of these tips and let me know how it worked!